Friday, October 19, 2012

Christian Union Camp 19 - 21 October 2012

A PRAYER HAS BEEN ANSWERED!

 
On Thursday 16 August 2012 I attended a meeting at the Communicare Centre and met some of the stakeholders. Amongst these members was Sedrico Husselman area manager of Scripture Union. We started talking and after a passionate report given by me, he offered to get involved with our Christian Union at school. It started here. Then I invited him to attend the Hill Song assembly in our school hall. You all know how electrifying that was. I mean to get me to "wallow" was a huge experience and to hear Miss Steyn "rap" - wow.
 
In the center Mr Lourens De Jager Manager of the Centre. Our meeting was so fruitfull.


Sedrico kept his promise and emailed me that he got a sponsorship of R2000 and he invited 5 of our dedicated Christian Union learners to attend a camp at Rocklands Camp Site in Simonstown. Mrs Janse van Rensburg selected the 5 learners, Mr Lind took the responsibility of coordinating this whole camp and Miss Lawrence went along for the "joy ride". Thank you to these educators for helping me make this dream come true. Mr Lionel Marescia was so kind as to offer his free time to transport these learners today and fetch them again on Sunday from Simonstown. We are truly in debt with him, because this is done above all his normal duties and after hours.
 
Mr Lind at the back. From the left: Vuyokazi Tubali, Ursula Adams, Austin-Lee Hendricks, Charnene Havenga and Ntombi Bless. They were so grateful and humbled by the chance to go to the camp.
Here are some photo's I obtained from the Rocklands web site to give you an idea of the wonderful surroundings and facilities they will enjoy over the week end. Vuyokazi, being the oldest of them all, was elected as leader. This is the first of many opportunities for these 5 learners. Truly a prayer that has been answered.
Despite the adverse weather, they will certainly enjoy the indoor facilities.
I will keep you posted on the outcome of the camp. The learners promised me they will hand me a report on their experience of the week end.